Our summer language courses "Languages Build Bridges" are organised jointly by the Studienkolleg Sachsen and interDaF. The courses are aimed for foreign students (minimum age: 18) who are interested in improving their German language proficiency and communication abilities.
You will experience varied and modern language lessons in a relaxed atmosphere. You will also gain an insight into German culture and everyday life in Germany in a variety of ways.
- 4 weeks of language course with diffent levels of language proficiency (A1 to C1)
- 85 hours of intensive language training based on modern learning materials
- Phonetics training in small groups or as one to one lessons
- Written online placement test and individual oral evaluation at the beginning of the course
- Small groups (approx. 14 participants per group)
- Interactive exercises and additional material on the Moodle learning platform of the University of Leipzig that you can work on flexibly
- Final oral and written test with certificate
- Award of 5 ECTS credit points possible
(The condition for the award of 5 ECTS credit points is the attendance of 90% of the lessons and the passed written and oral final test. Students may be excluded from the final test if they have attended less than 85% of the language lessons. The cultural programme, e.g. visits of museums, is also part of the language lessons.)
- Certificate stating the quantity of attended lessons and the test results
- Supervised project work on topics chosen by the participants, at every language level
- Activities for getting to know German daily life and Leipzig as a University city, e. g. visit museums and historical sights
- one full-day excursion
- Many different offers for cultural and leisure experiences, e. g. visits to student clubs, bowling, and paddling accompanied by students tutors of the Leipzig University
- More offers at additional charge (e.g. excursion to Dresden)
The course fee is € 950. Included are:
- registration, language training including phonetics and project classes, German studies activities, one full-day excursion, selected cultural events, welcome and farewell parties
- course materials
- Test fees
- use of the university computer center and the library
- access and use of the online learning platform (Moodle from Leipzig University)
Please note: During your stay in Germany you will also have to cover the costs for accommodation, food, and insurance.