Our summer language courses "Languages Build Bridges" are designed for foreign students (minimum age: 18) who are interested in improving their German language proficiency and communication abilities.
The concept of the course combines diverse and modern language training with regional studies and insights into German culture and everyday life in Germany.
Course Dates in 2019:
3rd June - 28th June Programme
8th July - 2nd August Programme
5th August - 30th August Programme
Learning German (approx. 85 lessons)
- Written placement test and individuale oral evaluation at the beginning of the course; final test
- Small groups (approx. 14 participants per group) with different levels of language proficiency (A1 to C1)
- Intensive German lessons
- Language training (Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing)
- Phonetics training (in small groups or as one-to-one lessons)
- Supervised project work on topics chosen by the participants, at every language level
- “On Tour“, e. g. visit museums and historical sights
- one full-day excursion
- Certificate stating the quantity of attended lessons and the test results
- Award of 5 ECTS credit points possible
(The condition for the award of 5 ECTS credit points is the attendance of 90% of the lessons and the passed written and oral final test. Students may be excluded from the final test if they have attended less than 85% of the language lessons. The cultural programme, e.g. visits of museums, is also part of the language lessons.)
Getting to know Germany
- Approx. 20 hours of cultural studies
- Welcome and farewell parties
- Guided city tour
- Concert or summer theatre
- Many different offers for cultural and leisure experiences, e. g. visits to student clubs, bowling, and paddling
- Coaching by student tutors
- More offers at additional charge (e.g. excursion to Dresden)
Of course, you may also get advice from us about planning your own excursions or activities.
- According to experience most of the students who will participate in our summer language course A are US Americans.
- Many students who take part in our summer course C come from Asian countries
Course fee: € 845
Included are: registration, language training including phonetics and project classes, German studies activities, one full-day excursion, selected cultural events, welcome and farewell parties, course materials, use of the university computer centre and the library.
Please note: During your stay in Germany you will also have to cover the costs for accommodation, food, and insurance.