“I praise my Leipzig …“ - Course Description
- Placement test and oral evaluation at the beginning of the course
- Small groups (approx. 14 participants per group)
- intensive language acquisition at various levels from A2 to C1
- Approx. 25 lessons per week
- Language instruction
- Training in phonetics as one-to-one consultations or in small groups
- Supervised project work on topics chosen by the participants
- Development of competence in all language skills with up-to-date learning materials and media
- Training of oral and written communication skills
- Intensive vocabulary and grammar work
- Training in listening and reading comprehension
- Course book (included in the course fees
- Oral and written final test
- possibility to acquire 8 ECTS Points
- Final certificate of achievement with record of hours
The condition for the award of 8 ECTS credit points is the attendance of 90% of the lessons and the passed written and oral final test. Students may be excluded from the final test if they have attended less than 85% of the language lessons. The cultural programme, e.g. excursions and visits of museums, is also part of the language lessons.
Getting to know Germany
- About 40 hours of cultural and German studies programme (included in the course fee)
- Study trips in and around Leipzig, e.g. visit of the Red Bull Arena
- One full-day excursion to Erfurt
- "Meeting the World" - country presentations
- Carnival in the students' club "Moritzbastei"
- Concert at the Leipzig Gewandhaus
- Movie night
- Welcome and farewell parties
- Social nights ("Stammtische")
- Extra excursions offered (costs to be paid by the participants)
- Full-day excursion to Weimar (costs: approx. €30)
- Full-day excursion to Dresden (costs: approx. €30)
Course fee: €1150
The course fee includes the following: registration, language classes incl. phonetics and project classes, the test fee for ECTS credit points, German studies activities, study trips, the course book, one full-day excursion, welcome and farewell parties,selected cultural events, and the tram ticket for the duration of the course.
Our course participants can work at the computer labs of Leipzig University as well as in the Leipzig University Library (costs for the library card: €8).